Monday 3 June 2013

Feedback on Google tools

This is my last blog entry, which will be a reflection on the different Google tools I've used for my other project after attending the different training session done by my classmates. Moreover, is it part of the project requirements to demonstrate what I learned from each session and each tool through screenshots and obvious evidence of applying them through my daily life.  

I believe that the different Google tools were very helpful and useful since each tool helped me perform my daily tasks in an easier and simpler way. My favorite Google tools were: Google blogs, Google sites, Google Picasa, Gmail and Google searching.  Below are the different reasons and benefits of each tool:

Google blogs
My favorite Google tools was blogs, it is a nice way to keep in touch with my friends and family and let them know about my daily routine and updates since my blogs is my diary. My favorite part about blogs is that I can add my friend’s blogs using the Add option, and then I can read their updated posts whenever I enter my blog without having to visit their individual blogs. I may still use my blog even after this project and graduation.

Google sites
I always find it really hard to create a website from scratch and I believe it requires information technology knowledge and skills. However, with Google sites I completely changed my mind since it is a much easier and simpler way to start creating a website. At First, I had no idea what is Google sites but since it was my topic for the tanning session I had to know all about it and at least be somehow an expert while using it. What I liked the most about Google sites, it that it’s a free service provided by Google and it allows a use to create different website using the same G-mail account. Plus, choosing a template, theme and a name for your website is done all at one easy step. I've created my own Google sites for two different topics one is an explanation of how to use and create Google sites and the other one is everything I've learned about Google tools and how I used them. I also recommend any business owner to create his business official website using Google sites. Click here to visit my Google site.  

Google Picasa
Google Picasa is simple software to edit photos and create movie clips. I usually use it to edit, add effects and texts on any image I want and then either post the image in Instagram or my own blog. I liked using this software since it is much easier than Photoshop and it’s not complicated at all. However, one thing I must keep in mind while editing the picture is that to save it I should make a copy so I don’t lose the original photo.

G-mail
Mostly the entire world use G-mail as their main email server since it is a free service provided by Google. At first, I used Hotmail to send and receive emails from my official E-mail account. However, after creating a G-mail I totally switched to use my G-mail account as my main and only account since its features are much attracting for users. Such features include filters which helped me organize my email according to the sender. Plus, without my G-mail account I won’t be able to use all of the other Google tools.

Google searching
This tool is the most beneficial tool since it helped me a lot while searching for different articles and websites to finish my projects and reports. By using Google searching techniques I am now saving a lot of time and effort while searching. Since each technique help me find exactly what I’m looking for with a simple trick performed. For example, if I wanted to search for a PDF file I will simply type the topic name between (“”) and then write filetype:pdf.  

Additional tools
All of the above, are my favorite and most beneficial Google tools, however I also use Google Calendar, Google Maps and Google chrome. Google Calendar helps me create events and reminders for my specific appointments or obligations. Google Maps helps me find any location on the world with different views and also help me create a route plan and notifies me of the time it’s going to take to reach my final distention. Lastly, Google chrome is of course my main web browser since it is faster, easier and has many helpful techniques and features, which prevent wasting my time. There are other Google tools that I didn't find very helpful or let’s say I didn't like them much  or use them as often as the others, and they are: Google drive, drop box and Social bookmarking. Social bookmarking (delicious) is a tool provided by Google to help send and share useful links and resources. Instead I usually use Google Docs and my G-mail account to share any document either via Email or Google Docs.

Ranking
Below is my ranking for each tool out of 10.

Blogs: 10/10
Google Sites: 10/10
G-mail: 10/10
Google Searching: 10/10
Google Calendar: 10/10
Google Maps: 10/10
Google Chrome: 10/10
Google Picasa: 9/10
Google Reader: 9/10
Google +: 8/10
Facebook: 8/10
Social bookmarking: 6/10
Google drive: 6/10
Drop box: 5/10  
Google translate: 4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment